Wikiheimild:Potturinn

Bæta við umræðu
Úr Wikiheimild
Potturinn er almennur umræðuvettvangur um hina íslensku Wikiheimild.
Hægt er að ræða verk og höfunda á spjallsíðum þeirra sem og annað efni á viðeigandi spjallsíðum. Hér fer fram almenn umræða um verkefnið en einnig eru tilkynningar birtar hér frá öðrum verkefnum og Wikimedia Foundation eftir því sem þær berast.
Hefja nýja umræðu
Söfn eldri umræðna


Poll regarding January 2023 Wikisource Community meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing the January 2023 Wikisource Community meeting in the last week of January and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/5tauCFqk8NJQBcBv

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF and PMenon-WMF

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 20. janúar 2023 kl. 03:48 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to join Wikisource Community meeting (28 January 2023)[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting the first Wikisource Community meeting of the year on 28th January 2023 at 12 PM UTC / 5:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

The first half of the meeting will be focused on non-technical updates and conversations like events, conferences, proofread-a-thons and collaborations. The second half will be focused on technical updates and conversations, such as talking about major challenges faced by Wikisource communities, similar to the ones conducted in previous Triage meetings.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF, PMenon-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 25. janúar 2023 kl. 13:03 (UTC)Reply

Global ban for PlanespotterA320/RespectCE[breyta]

Per the Global bans policy, I'm informing the project of this request for comment: m:Requests for comment/Global ban for PlanespotterA320 (2) about banning a member from your community. Thank you.--Lemonaka (talk) 21:40, 6 February 2023 (UTC)

Poll regarding February 2023 Wikisource Community meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing this month’s Wikisource Community meeting in the last week of February and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the Wudele link below:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/qDEHHRJRNJLmwsi4

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards PMenon-WMF and KLawal-WMF

PMenon-WMF (talk) 14. febrúar 2023 kl. 07:08 (UTC)Reply

Editing news 2023 #1[breyta]

Read this in another languageSubscription list for this multilingual newsletter

This newsletter includes two key updates about the Editing team's work:

  1. The Editing team will finish adding new features to the Talk pages project and deploy it.
  2. They are beginning a new project, Edit check.

Talk pages project

Screenshot showing the talk page design changes that are currently available as beta features at all Wikimedia wikis. These features include information about the number of people and comments within each discussion.
Some of the upcoming changes

The Editing team is nearly finished with this first phase of the Talk pages project. Nearly all new features are available now in the Beta Feature for Discussion tools.

It will show information about how active a discussion is, such as the date of the most recent comment. There will soon be a new "Bæta við umræðu" button. You will be able to turn them off at Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing-discussion. Please tell them what you think.

Daily edit completion rate by test group: DiscussionTools (test group) and MobileFrontend overlay (control group)

An A/B test for Discussion tools on the mobile site has finished. Editors were more successful with Discussion tools. The Editing team is enabling these features for all editors on the mobile site.

New Project: Edit Check

The Editing team is beginning a project to help new editors of Wikipedia. It will help people identify some problems before they click "Gefa út breytingar". The first tool will encourage people to add references when they add new content. Please watch that page for more information. You can join a conference call on 3 March 2023 to learn more.

–Whatamidoing (WMF) (spjall) 22. febrúar 2023 kl. 23:25 (UTC)Reply

Invitation for February 2023 Wikisource Community Meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting this month's Wikisource Community meeting on 26th February 2023 at 11 AM UTC (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

The first half of the meeting will be focused on non-technical updates and conversations like events, conferences, proofread-a-thons and collaborations. The second half will be focused on technical updates and conversations, such as talking about major challenges faced by Wikisource communities, similar to the ones conducted in previous Community meetings.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF, PMenon-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Your wiki will be in read only soon[breyta]

Trizek (WMF) (Spjall) 27. febrúar 2023 kl. 21:21 (UTC)Reply

Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program Submissions[breyta]

Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023? Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28. The event will have dedicated hybrid blocks, so virtual submissions and pre-recorded content are also welcome. If you have any questions, please join us at an upcoming conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at wikimania@wikimedia.org or on Telegram. More information on-wiki.

Poll regarding March 2023 Wikisource Community meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing this month’s Wikisource Community meeting in the last week of March and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/U2feqmZBy62FJjVd

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF and PMenon-WMF

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 19. mars 2023 kl. 05:31 (UTC)Reply

March 2023 Wikisource Community meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting this month’s Wikisource Community meeting on 27th March 2023 at 10 AM UTC / 3:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

The first half of the meeting will be focused on non-technical updates and conversations like events, conferences, proofread-a-thons and collaborations. The second half will be focused on technical updates and conversations, such as talking about major challenges faced by Wikisource communities, similar to the ones conducted in previous Community meetings.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF, PMenon-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 25. mars 2023 kl. 10:01 (UTC)Reply

Poll regarding April 2023 Wikisource Community meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing this month’s Wikisource Community meeting in the last week of April and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/kXlPUgNFBo8TdWE9

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF and PMenon-WMF

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 14. apríl 2023 kl. 15:47 (UTC)Reply

Your wiki will be in read-only soon[breyta]

MediaWiki message delivery 21. apríl 2023 kl. 00:41 (UTC)Reply

Invitation for April 2023 Wikisource Community Meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting this month’s Wikisource Community meeting on 25th April 2023 at 8 AM UTC / 1:30 PM IST (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

The first half of the meeting will be focused on non-technical updates and conversations like events, conferences, proofread-a-thons and collaborations. The second half will be focused on technical updates and conversations, such as talking about major challenges faced by Wikisource communities, similar to the ones conducted in previous Community meetings.

There are going to be updates about Transkribus and we will be sharing more information during the meeting.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on swilson@wikimedia.org' and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF, PMenon-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Seeking volunteers for the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct process[breyta]

Hello,

As follow-up to the message about the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines by Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, I am reaching out about the next steps. I want to bring your attention to the next stage of the Universal Code of Conduct process, which is forming a building committee for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). I invite community members with experience and deep interest in community health and governance to nominate themselves to be part of the U4C building committee, which needs people who are:

  • Community members in good standing
  • Knowledgeable about movement community processes, such as, but not limited to, policy drafting, participatory decision making, and application of existing rules and policies on Wikimedia projects
  • Aware and appreciative of the diversity of the movement, such as, but not limited to, languages spoken, identity, geography, and project type
  • Committed to participate for the entire U4C Building Committee period from mid-May - December 2023
  • Comfortable with engaging in difficult, but productive conversations
  • Confidently able to communicate in English

The Building Committee shall consist of volunteer community members, affiliate board or staff, and Wikimedia Foundation staff.

The Universal Code of Conduct has been a process strengthened by the skills and knowledge of the community and I look forward to what the U4C Building Committee creates. If you are interested in joining the Building Committee, please either sign up on the Meta-Wiki page, or contact ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org by May 12, 2023. Read more on Meta-Wiki.

Best regards,

Xeno (WMF) 26. apríl 2023 kl. 19:01 (UTC)Reply

Selection of the U4C Building Committee[breyta]

The next stage in the Universal Code of Conduct process is establishing a Building Committee to create the charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). The Building Committee has been selected. Read about the members and the work ahead on Meta-wiki.

-- UCoC Project Team, 27. maí 2023 kl. 04:21 (UTC)

Poll for June Wikisource Community meeting (Europe and Americas-friendly)[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing this month's Wikisource Community meeting in the last week of June and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availabilities at the wudele link below by 22nd June 2023:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/BsgqYumphlryxu37

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF and PMenon-WMF

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 16. júní 2023 kl. 15:08 (UTC)Reply

Invitation for June 2023 Wikisource Community Meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting this month’s Wikisource Community meeting on 26 June 2023, 5 PM UTC (check your local time) according to the wudele poll.

The first half of the meeting will be focused on non-technical updates and conversations like events, conferences, proofread-a-thons and collaborations. The second half will be focused on technical updates and conversations, such as talking about major challenges faced by Wikisource communities, similar to the ones conducted in previous Community meetings.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF, PMenon-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 21. júní 2023 kl. 10:17 (UTC)Reply

Announcing the new Elections Committee members[breyta]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello there,

We are glad to announce the new members and advisors of the Elections Committee. The Elections Committee assists with the design and implementation of the process to select Community- and Affiliate-Selected trustees for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. After an open nomination process, the strongest candidates spoke with the Board and four candidates were asked to join the Elections Committee. Four other candidates were asked to participate as advisors.

Thank you to all the community members who submitted their names for consideration. We look forward to working with the Elections Committee in the near future.

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees,

RamzyM (WMF) 28. júní 2023 kl. 18:00 (UTC)Reply

Poll regarding August 2023 Wikisource Community meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We will be organizing this month’s Wikisource Community meeting in the last week of August and we need your help to decide on a time and date that works best for the most number of people. Kindly share your availability at the wudele link below:

https://wudele.toolforge.org/U9b5TC4QJMPuu1tY

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF and PMenon-WMF

Sent via MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 12. ágúst 2023 kl. 10:53 (UTC)Reply

Review the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[breyta]

Hello all,

I am pleased to share the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct work. The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) draft charter is now ready for your review.

The Enforcement Guidelines require a Building Committee form to draft a charter that outlines procedures and details for a global committee to be called the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). Over the past few months, the U4C Building Committee worked together as a group to discuss and draft the U4C charter. The U4C Building Committee welcomes feedback about the draft charter now through 22 September 2023. After that date, the U4C Building Committee will revise the charter as needed and a community vote will open shortly afterward.

Join the conversation during the conversation hours or on Meta-wiki.

Best,

RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 28. ágúst 2023 kl. 15:35 (UTC)Reply

Your wiki will be in read-only soon[breyta]

Trizek_(WMF) (talk) 15. september 2023 kl. 09:23 (UTC)Reply

Opportunities open for the Affiliations Committee, Ombuds commission, and the Case Review Committee[breyta]

Hi everyone! The Affiliations Committee (AffCom), Ombuds commission (OC), and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for new members. These volunteer groups provide important structural and oversight support for the community and movement. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to apply. There is more information about the roles of the groups, the skills needed, and the opportunity to apply on the Meta-wiki page.

On behalf of the Committee Support team,

Review and comment on the 2024 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package[breyta]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

Please review and comment on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package from now until 29 October 2023. The selection rules package was based on older versions by the Elections Committee and will be used in the 2024 Board of Trustees selection. Providing your comments now will help them provide a smoother, better Board selection process. More on the Meta-wiki page.

Best,

Katie Chan
Chair of the Elections Committee

17. október 2023 kl. 01:13 (UTC)

Invitation for Wikisource Community Meeting October 2023[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting this month’s Wikisource Community meeting on 28 October 2023, 7 AM UTC (check your local time). This meeting time is Eastern Hemisphere-focused and we will alternate the meeting times every month.

The first half of the meeting will be focused on non-technical updates and conversations like events, conferences, proofread-a-thons and collaborations. The second half will be focused on technical updates and conversations, such as talking about major challenges faced by Wikisource communities, similar to the ones conducted in previous Community meetings.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on sgill@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards KLawal-WMF, PMenon-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 18. október 2023 kl. 14:11 (UTC)Reply

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in three weeks?[breyta]

Read this in your languagePlease help translate to your language • Please tell other users about these changes

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In three weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

Altækar kjörstillingar

If you prefer keeping the current skin select "Vector legacy (2010)" on the appearance tab of the global preferences and save the change. We encourage you to give the new skin a try, though.

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy as a local (but not global) preference. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skin. No changes are expected for these skins.

About the skin[breyta]

Slides to our Wikimania 2022 presentation. You may also listen to the recording on YouTube (in English).

[Why is a change necessary] When the current default skin was created, it reflected the needs of the readers and editors as these were 14 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using the Internet and Wikimedia projects in different ways. The old Vector does not meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the Vector 2022 skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It introduces a series of changes that aim to improve problems new and existing readers and editors were having with the old skin. It draws inspiration from previous user requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. The PHP code in the other available skins has been reduced by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes in a nutshell] The skin introduces changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The limited width and pin-able menus allow to adjust the interface to the screen size, and focus on editing or reading. Logged-in and logged-out users may use a toggle button to keep the full width, though.
  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jump to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the tested wikis.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Customize this skin] It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out the repository for a list of currently available customizations and changes, or add your own.

Our plan[breyta]

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying on 14 November. If you'd like to ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please comment in any language. If this is the first comment to my message, make sure to ping me. We will gladly answer! Also, check out our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (spjall) 26. október 2023 kl. 01:17 (UTC)Reply

(New) Feature on Kartographer: Adding geopoints via QID[breyta]

Since September 2022, it is possible to create geopoints using a QID. Many wiki contributors have asked for this feature, but it is not being used much. Therefore, we would like to remind you about it. More information can be found on the project page. If you have any comments, please let us know on the talk page. – Best regards, the team of Technical Wishes at Wikimedia Deutschland

Thereza Mengs (WMDE) 13. desember 2023 kl. 12:31 (UTC)Reply

Stjórnandaréttindi[breyta]

Ég hef í hyggju að taka til verka hér hvað fornar lagaheimildir Íslendinga varðar. Hins vegar þarf ég að hreinsa aðeins til og hef ekki réttindi til þess. Ég geri ekki ráð fyrir að fá svar hér þar sem verkefnið er í dvala en þarf að setja inn þessa tilkynningu svo kerfisstjórarnir hjá samtökunum taki beiðnina til skoðunar að sjö dögum liðnum. Ég hef í áratug haft sambærileg og hærri réttindi hjá Wikipediu hinn íslensku. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 16. desember 2023 kl. 18:58 (UTC)Reply

Hvað með rannsóknarskýrslur alþingis (dæmi: Frumrit:RNABindi1.pdf og Frumrit:Skýrsla rannsóknarnefndar Alþingis um Íbúðalánasjóð - bindi 1.pdf) Þær eru allar til á tölvutæku formi, er ástæða til að halda þeim? Snævar (spjall) 17. desember 2023 kl. 06:36 (UTC)Reply
Ég fatta ekki hvað þessi spurning hefur með innlegg mitt að gera. Ég er með fornar lagaheimildir sem ég hef verið að vinna í að koma á stafrænt snið mánuðum saman og vil koma inn í þetta kerfi. Það er svolítil ringulreið hér sem ég vil taka til í en get ekki gert án stjórnandaréttinda. Ég er ekki að tala um að eyða neinu efni varanlega. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 20. desember 2023 kl. 13:04 (UTC)Reply
Spurningin hefur með það að gera á þrjá vegu. Í fyrsta lagi af því það hefur verið nefnt fyrr ofar á þessari síðu, í öðru lagi því það er aðeins hægt að gera með stjórnendaréttindum og í þriðja lagi forvitni. Snævar (spjall) 27. desember 2023 kl. 10:43 (UTC)Reply
Sammála beiðni um stjórnendaréttindi og því að það þurfi að hreinsa til. Er ennþá forvitinn, en það hefur ekki áhrif á ákvörðunina. Snævar (spjall) 27. desember 2023 kl. 10:43 (UTC)Reply
Réttindin hafa verið veitt til þriggja mánaða með möguleika á endurnýjun ef ég bið um það. Ég búinn að vera að vinna að því í meira en ár að koma fornum lögum; Grágás, Járnsíðu, Kristnirétti Árna biskups Þorlákssonar, Jónsbók o.s.frv.; yfir á stafrænt snið. Verkinu miðar sæmilega áfram og svo hefur vinur minn Svavar Kjarrval einnig unnið að ljósritun Stjórnartíðinda og sér fyrir endann á því mikla verki. Ég hef í hyggju að koma þessu öllu hingað inn eftir því sem tími gefst. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 30. desember 2023 kl. 01:51 (UTC)Reply

Snið og íslenskun[breyta]

Ég hef verið að velta fyrir mér sniðum sem vantar hér að fyrirmynd enska verkefnisins. Vandamálið er að það fer rosalega mikil vinna í að þýða þau yfir á íslensku. Þá er ég ekki að tala um það sem lesendur sjá heldur allt hitt, sérstaklega færibreyturnar (og finna út úr því hvað þær allar gera). Sniðin hér eru að mér sýnist tekin frá enska verkefninu og nánast ekkert breytt fyrir utan að þau eru þýdd á íslensku, en misvel hefur tekist til og mörg þeirra eða jafnvel flest eru blanda af ensku og íslensku.

Þar sem þetta verkefni er mjög lítið og frekar óvirkt velti ég fyrir mér hvort einfaldast væri ekki að nota ensku sniðin beint og þýða bara það sem lesendur sjá. Það myndi hafa þann kost einnig að ef einhverjum nýjum eiginleikum er bætt við þau ensku þá gætum við fengið þá nánast samstundis með því að afrita þau beint og breyta bara textanum sem birtist, í stað þess að þurfa að fylgjast með fullkomnu samræmi milli nafna sniðanna og færibreytnanna. Sumum myndu kannski finnast það galli að gera allt eins og enska verkefnið en sniðin þar eru almennt mjög naumhyggjuleg, einföld og eiginleikarík.

Ég er ekki endilega að leggja til að farið sé í allsherjarhreinsun og umbreytingu, ég hef alla vega ekki tíma í það, en hef í hyggju að bæta við nokkrum sniðum sem ég þarf og mun leyfa þeim að vera á ensku nema hvað texta sem lesendum birtist varðar. Í einhverjum tilfellum kann fjölritun að eiga sér stað, sem sagt að sniðið sé nú þegar til hér í einhverju ástandi (jafnvel biluðu). Tíminn einn verður að leiða í ljós hvernig þetta allt saman endar. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 30. desember 2023 kl. 01:40 (UTC)Reply

Svo framalega sem að erlendu sniðin noti sömu gildi og þau sem eru á íslensku síðunni þá ætti það að ganga. Eitthvað af sniðunum eru afrituð af erlendu síðunum. Snævar (spjall) 3. janúar 2024 kl. 22:17 (UTC)Reply

5 miðjusett snið[breyta]

Sá 5 miðjusett snið, Snið:Ritútgáfa, Snið:Ritundirtitill, Snið:Rittitill, Snið:Rithöfundur og Snið:Miðju. Er ekki alveg að skilja tilganginn, það væri hægt að láta Snið:Miðju sjá um þetta allt saman. Auk þess eru þau notuð vitlaust á Leiðarvísir í ástamálum II. fyrir ungar stúlkur, á myndinni er höfundurinn með helmingi minni leturs hæð en titillinn og titillinn er feitletraður, en sniðið tilgreinir það ekki. Get hinsvegar ekki gert neitt í málinu því fyrstu fjögur sniðin eru notuð á stjórnendavernduðum síðum. Snævar (spjall) 4. janúar 2024 kl. 21:41 (UTC)Reply

Do you use Wikidata in Wikimedia sibling projects? Tell us about your experiences[breyta]

Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English.

Hello, the Wikidata for Wikimedia Projects team at Wikimedia Deutschland would like to hear about your experiences using Wikidata in the sibling projects. If you are interested in sharing your opinion and insights, please consider signing up for an interview with us in this Registration form.
Currently, we are only able to conduct interviews in English.

The front page of the form has more details about what the conversation will be like, including how we would compensate you for your time.

For more information, visit our project issue page where you can also share your experiences in written form, without an interview.
We look forward to speaking with you, Danny Benjafield (WMDE) (talk) 08:53, 5 January 2024 (UTC)

Afeyðing síðna[breyta]

Snið:StripWhitespace

Notað af 7 síðum, tilvísun á snið:trim

Snið:Trim

Notað af 7 síðum, í gegnum snið:StripWhitespace. Uppfært fyrir örfáum dögum síðan, af ensku wikipediu. Notað á ensku wikisource, þeirra útgáfa er afrituð af en.wikipedia og er því samsvaranleg við þá íslensku. Mætti segja að en.wikisource útgáfan sé úreld.

Meldingarspjall:Edittools

Spjall fyrrum virkra notanda um síðu, setur breytingarsögu í samhengi

Wikiheimildspjall:Um verkefnið

Spjall fyrrum virkra notanda um síðu, setur breytingarsögu í samhengi

Wikiheimild:Stjórnendur/Eldri umsóknir

Spjall fyrrum virkra notanda, segir hluta sögu verkefnisins sem er gott mál

Snið:MONTHNAME-IS

Mætti vera á "Snið:MONTHNAME" og er þá samsvarandi við en.wikisource sniðið, á en:Template:MONTHNAME. Þó svo það sé ónotað, þá bætir það úr þeirri staðreynd að það er ekki hægt að nota mw:Help:Extension:ParserFunctions##time með íslenskri dagsetningu sem inniheldur íslenskan mánuð (t.d. "8. janúar 2024"). Bara tímaspursmál hvenær þetta verður notað.

Wikiheimild:Merkisáfangar

Íslensku wikipediu útgáfan hefur verið notuð nokkrum sinnum í íslenskum útvarpsviðtölum. Sýnir söguna á verkefninu, sem er bara gott mál. Gæti auðveldlega uppfært þessa síðu ef það er vandamálið.

Snið:Óklárað

Ætti að vera á síðunum Arnbjörg, Grasnytjar, Norsk æfintýri og Æfisaga Jóns Ólafssonar Indíafara. Uppfært fyrir örfáum dögum.

Snið:Ambox

Notað á Snið:Óklárað. Nútíma viðhaldsmeldingar nota oftast þetta snið. Nýlega búið til og er einnig alveg uppfært við ensku útgáfuna.

Snið:Hrá mynd

Var búið til eftir umræðu á milli Bjarka S og mín, þar sem hann kvartaði yfir erfiðleikunum að setja inn myndir á commons. Virkar sem milliskref fyrir þá sem hafa ekki nokkra klukkutíma á dag lausa og er yfirleitt alltaf skipt út fyrir mynd af commons að endingu. Hefur verið notuð þannig nokkrum sinnum af þremur mismunandi notendum. Þarf ekki að uppfæra, því undirsniðið var uppfært.

Snið:X-smaller block

Notað af Snið:Hrá mynd, í gegnum undirsniðið.

Tímabundin[breyta]

Snið:Mynd

Er hentug þangað til við höfum losnað við myndir af verkefninu yfir á commons. Gerir það að verkum að það sé hægt að færa myndina yfir undir nafni upphaflegs notanda, sem er æskilegt. Þegar því er lokið hinsvegar, mætti alveg eyða því aftur.

Snævar (spjall) 8. janúar 2024 kl. 18:05 (UTC)Reply

Það er smá skapandi eyðilegging (e. creative destruction) í gangi. Það getur verið að ég fari og hratt á köflum en ekkert er horfið að eilífu. Ég er búinn að framkvæma yfir 5.000 efnisbreytingar síðustu 24 tímana með notkun AutoWikiBrowser og hef pottþétt gert einhver mistök. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 8. janúar 2024 kl. 18:20 (UTC)Reply

Reusing references: Can we look over your shoulder?[breyta]

Apologies for writing in English.

The Technical Wishes team at Wikimedia Deutschland is planning to make reusing references easier. For our research, we are looking for wiki contributors willing to show us how they are interacting with references.

  • The format will be a 1-hour video call, where you would share your screen. More information here.
  • Interviews can be conducted in English, German or Dutch.
  • Compensation is available.
  • Sessions will be held in January and February.
  • Sign up here if you are interested.
  • Please note that we probably won’t be able to have sessions with everyone who is interested. Our UX researcher will try to create a good balance of wiki contributors, e.g. in terms of wiki experience, tech experience, editing preferences, gender, disability and more. If you’re a fit, she will reach out to you to schedule an appointment.

We’re looking forward to seeing you, Thereza Mengs (WMDE)

Afeyðing #2[breyta]

Snið:Miðjublokk

Færa á Snið:Block center, núverandi "block center" víkur fyrir þessu. Var búið að uppfæra, enginn munur á sniðum.

Snið:Miðjublokk/e

Færa á Snið:Block center/e, núverandi "block center" víkur fyrir þessu. Var búið að uppfæra, enginn munur á sniðum.

Snið:Miðjublokk/s

Færa á Snið:Block center/s, núverandi "block center" víkur fyrir þessu. Var búið að uppfæra, enginn munur á sniðum.

Snið:Miðjublokk/styles.css

Færa á Snið:Block center/styles.css, núverandi "block center" víkur fyrir þessu. Var búið að uppfæra, enginn munur á sniðum.

Snið:Rand

Færa á Snið:Random number, núverandi "Random number" víkur fyrir þessu. Kóði alveg nákvæmlega eins, útskýring á virkni (skjölun) er það ekki. Má þurrka út skjöluninni ef þér þykir það betra.

Snið:Sisterproject

Nýlega uppfært. Ætti ekki forsíðan að nota þetta, þar sem tilgangurinn er að hafa hlutina nýja?

Notandi:Renamed user 9thz5duyuxms/common.js

Inniheldur javascript kóða, ætti bara að eyða ef notandinn sem kemur fram í titili vill að þessu sé eytt. Viðhald á þessu er alfarið á ábyrgð þess notanda.

Notandaspjall:Crochet.david.bot

Tilvísun á þann sem stjórnar vélmenninu. Mjög algeng tilvísun á vélmenna spjallsíðum.

Frumritsspjall:Æfisaga Jóns Ólafssonar.djvu

Spjall fyrrum virkra notenda

Sniðaspjall:Systurverkefni

Spjall fyrrum virkra notenda

Myndaspjall:Wiki.png

Spjall fyrrum virkra notenda

Snævar (spjall) 11. janúar 2024 kl. 16:38 (UTC)Reply

Opinberar yfirlýsingar og opin bréf[breyta]

Ég fæ ekki séð að opinberar yfirlýsingar eða opin bréf geti talist óhöfundaréttarvarin og þannig eign almennings samkvæmt höfundalögum nr. 73/1972. Ég fæ ekki betur séð en að ensku Wikiheimildir hafi einnig skilið bandarísk lög á þá vegu að án skýrar yfirlýsingar um höfundarétt, þar sem tekið er fram að opinber yfirlýsing eða opið bréf sé án kvaða, skal skilja eðli þeirra þannig að þau séu ekki frjáls til dreifingar umfram þá dreifingu sem þau upprunalega fengu að beiðni og með leyfi höfunda.

Ég sett þetta innlegg fram þar sem ég hef tekið eftir því að hér er snið sem kallast yfirlýsing og setur eftirfarandi texta á síður: „Gert er ráð fyrir því að heimilt sé að birta þetta verk, sem er opinber yfirlýsing eða ávarp, án sérstaks leyfis höfundarétthafa. Ef grunur leikur á að birting þessa verks sé leyfisskyld, ætti að tæma síðuna sem geymir verkið og geta mögulegs höfundaréttarbrots. Einungis skyldi nota þetta snið eftir að reynt hefur verið að leita staðfestingar á því hvort verkið er leyfisskylt eða ekki.“

Þetta snið er nú notað á þremur síðum og legg ég til að því verði eytt ásamt efninu sem það er notað fyrir. Stefna Wikimedia Foundation er að láta höfundarétt njóta vafans og tel ég að við eigum ekki að vera að gera ráð fyrir einu eða neinu varðandi heimild til að birta efni. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 15. janúar 2024 kl. 19:01 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to join January Wikisource Community Meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We are the hosting this month’s Wikisource Community meeting on 27 January 2024, 3 PM UTC (check your local time).

As we gear up for our upcoming Wikisource Community meeting, we are excited to share some additional information with you.

The meetings will now be held on the last Saturday of each month. We understand the importance of accommodating different time zones, so to better cater to our global community, we've decided to alternate meeting times. The meeting will take place at 3 pm UTC this month, and next month it will be scheduled for 7 am UTC on the last Saturday. This rotation will continue, allowing for a balanced representation of different time zones.

As always, the meeting agenda will be divided into two halves. The first half of the meeting will focus on non-technical updates, including discussions about events, conferences, proofread-a-thons, and collaborations. The second half will delve into technical updates and conversations, addressing major challenges faced by Wikisource communities, similar to our previous Community meetings.

If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on klawal-ctr@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.

Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.

Regards

KLawal-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 18. janúar 2024 kl. 10:54 (UTC)Reply

Vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[breyta]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to announce that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter is now open. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll now through 2 February 2024. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C Charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 19. janúar 2024 kl. 18:09 (UTC)Reply

Uppfærsla á Proofread Page[breyta]

Ég er að uppfæra allt sem tengist Proofread Page-viðbótinni með aðstoð frá einstaklingi frá enska verkefninu. Á meðan er ekki hægt að skoða eða breyta síðum í nafnrýminu frumrit (index). Vonandi mun þettta ekki taka marga daga. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 25. janúar 2024 kl. 03:39 (UTC)Reply

Nánar: Vandamálið er þannig að þegar þetta verkefni var fyrst sett af stað þá var ákveðið útfærsluatriði tengt frumritasíðum vanhugsað og leiðir það af sér að það er ekki hægt að taka við uppfærslum á meldingum, sniðum, og skriftum tengdum viðbótinni án þess að nafnrýmið fari í klessu. Ég er í sambandi við sérfræðing á enska verkefninu sem er að reyna að leysa úr málinu en það felur í sér smá kóðun og síðan að vélmenni fari í gegnum allar frumritasíðurnar og samræmi breyturnar eða gildin sem þar liggja að baki. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 25. janúar 2024 kl. 11:24 (UTC)Reply

Uppfærslunni er að mestu lokið og frumritssíður eru aftur komnar í lag. Það á eftir að íslenska á ný ákveðin atriði og mun ég reyna að koma því í verk sem fyrst. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 26. janúar 2024 kl. 08:10 (UTC)Reply
Þýðingu er sennilega að mestu lokið núna. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 26. janúar 2024 kl. 15:51 (UTC)Reply

Flokkun verka og höfunda eftir dagsetningum[breyta]

Ensku sniðin og skrifturnar sem afritaðar hafa verið inn í þetta verkefni frá hinu enska er ekki hægt að nota fyllilega. Í raun þyrfti að endurskrifa kóðann frá grunni til að aðlaga hann að íslenskri málvenju. Þar fyrir utan er hönnun þeirra þannig að þau búa til ógrynni flokka eftir árum, áratugum, árhundruðum og árþúsundum. Það er gott og vel fyrir verkefni sem mega búast við tugum þúsunda höfunda og hundruðum þúsunda verka en skapar bara martröð fyrir jafn lítinn notendahóp og íslenskumælendur eru.

Ég legg því til að í stað þess að búa til flokka fyrir hvert ár sem verk voru gefin út, menn fæddust og menn létust; að við flokkum bara eftir árhundruðum að svo stöddu. Þannig forðumst við að vera með hundruð eða þúsundir flokka sem flestir yrðu tómir en aðrir með einn eða kannski tvo höfunda eða verk. Til að ná þessu fram þarf að gera breytingar á Snið:Header og Snið:Author svo þau noti ekki kóðann sem fylgir samnefndum skriftum til að meðhöndla dagsetningar og búa til flokka. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 27. janúar 2024 kl. 15:52 (UTC)Reply

Last days to vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[breyta]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to remind you that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) charter will close on 2 February 2024. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 31. janúar 2024 kl. 17:01 (UTC)Reply

Announcing the results of the UCoC Coordinating Committee Charter ratification vote[breyta]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear all,

Thank you everyone for following the progress of the Universal Code of Conduct. I am writing to you today to announce the outcome of the ratification vote on the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee Charter. 1746 contributors voted in this ratification vote with 1249 voters supporting the Charter and 420 voters not. The ratification vote process allowed for voters to provide comments about the Charter.

A report of voting statistics and a summary of voter comments will be published on Meta-wiki in the coming weeks.

Please look forward to hearing about the next steps soon.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 12. febrúar 2024 kl. 18:24 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to join February Wikisource Community Meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!


We are the hosting this month’s Wikisource Community meeting on 24 February 2024, 7 AM UTC (check your local time).


The meeting agenda will be divided into two halves. The first half of the meeting will focus on non-technical updates, including discussions about events, conferences, proofread-a-thons, and collaborations. The second half will delve into technical updates and conversations, addressing major challenges faced by Wikisource communities, similar to our previous Community meetings.


If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on klawal-ctr@wikimedia.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.


Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.


Regards KLawal-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)


Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 20. febrúar 2024 kl. 11:11 (UTC)Reply

Report of the U4C Charter ratification and U4C Call for Candidates now available[breyta]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello all,

I am writing to you today with two important pieces of information. First, the report of the comments from the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter ratification is now available. Secondly, the call for candidates for the U4C is open now through April 1, 2024.

The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is a global group dedicated to providing an equitable and consistent implementation of the UCoC. Community members are invited to submit their applications for the U4C. For more information and the responsibilities of the U4C, please review the U4C Charter.

Per the charter, there are 16 seats on the U4C: eight community-at-large seats and eight regional seats to ensure the U4C represents the diversity of the movement.

Read more and submit your application on Meta-wiki.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 5. mars 2024 kl. 16:25 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees 2024 Selection[breyta]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

This year, the term of 4 (four) Community- and Affiliate-selected Trustees on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees will come to an end [1]. The Board invites the whole movement to participate in this year’s selection process and vote to fill those seats.

The Elections Committee will oversee this process with support from Foundation staff [2]. The Board Governance Committee created a Board Selection Working Group from Trustees who cannot be candidates in the 2024 community- and affiliate-selected trustee selection process composed of Dariusz Jemielniak, Nataliia Tymkiv, Esra'a Al Shafei, Kathy Collins, and Shani Evenstein Sigalov [3]. The group is tasked with providing Board oversight for the 2024 trustee selection process, and for keeping the Board informed. More details on the roles of the Elections Committee, Board, and staff are here [4].

Here are the key planned dates:

  • May 2024: Call for candidates and call for questions
  • June 2024: Affiliates vote to shortlist 12 candidates (no shortlisting if 15 or less candidates apply) [5]
  • June-August 2024: Campaign period
  • End of August / beginning of September 2024: Two-week community voting period
  • October–November 2024: Background check of selected candidates
  • Board's Meeting in December 2024: New trustees seated

Learn more about the 2024 selection process - including the detailed timeline, the candidacy process, the campaign rules, and the voter eligibility criteria - on this Meta-wiki page, and make your plan.

Election Volunteers

Another way to be involved with the 2024 selection process is to be an Election Volunteer. Election Volunteers are a bridge between the Elections Committee and their respective community. They help ensure their community is represented and mobilize them to vote. Learn more about the program and how to join on this Meta-wiki page.

Best regards,

Dariusz Jemielniak (Governance Committee Chair, Board Selection Working Group)

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2021/Results#Elected

[2] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Committee:Elections_Committee_Charter

[3] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Minutes:2023-08-15#Governance_Committee

[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_committee/Roles

[5] Even though the ideal number is 12 candidates for 4 open seats, the shortlisting process will be triggered if there are more than 15 candidates because the 1-3 candidates that are removed might feel ostracized and it would be a lot of work for affiliates to carry out the shortlisting process to only eliminate 1-3 candidates from the candidate list.

MPossoupe_(WMF)12. mars 2024 kl. 19:57 (UTC)Reply

Your wiki will be in read-only soon[breyta]

Trizek (WMF), 15. mars 2024 kl. 00:01 (UTC)Reply

Switching to the Vector 2022 skin[breyta]

Read this in your languagePlease help translate to your language • Please tell other users about these changes

Hi everyone. We are the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. As you may have read in our previous message, over the past year, we have been getting closer to switching every wiki to the Vector 2022 skin as the new default. In our previous conversations with Wikisource communities, we had identified an issue with the Index namespace that prevented switching the skin on. This issue is now resolved.

We are now ready to continue and will be deploying on Wikisource wikis on March 25th.

To learn more about the new skin and what improvements it introduces, please see our documentation. If you have any issues with the skin after the change, if you spot any gadgets not working, or notice any bugs – please comment below! We are also open to joining events like the Wikisource Community meetings to talk to you directly. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (spjall) 18. mars 2024 kl. 20:50 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to join March Wikisource Community Meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We're excited to announce our upcoming Wikisource Community meeting, scheduled for 30 March 2024, 3 PM UTC (check your local time). As always, your participation is crucial to the success of our community discussions.

Similar to previous meetings, the agenda will be split into two segments. The first half will cover non-technical updates, such as events, conferences, proofread-a-thons, and collaborations. In the second half, we'll dive into technical updates and discussions, addressing key challenges faced by Wikisource communities.

New Feature: Event Registration!
Exciting news! We're switching to a new event registration feature for our meetings. You can now register for the event through our dedicated page on Meta-wiki. Simply follow the link below to secure your spot and engage with fellow Wikisource enthusiasts:

Event Registration Page

Agenda Suggestions:
Your input matters! Feel free to suggest any additional topics you'd like to see included in the agenda.

If you have any suggestions or would just prefer being added to the meeting the old way, simply drop a message on klawal-ctr@wikimedia.org.

Thank you for your continued dedication to Wikisource. We look forward to your active participation in our upcoming meeting.

Best regards,
KLawal-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Stjórnandaréttindi (ótímabundin)[breyta]

Til þess að fá varanleg stjórnandaréttindi þarf ég að setja inn tilkynningu þess efnis þar sem þrír mánuðir hafa liðið frá því að þau voru fyrst veitt tímabundið. Það er mikið verk óunnið enn og hef ég ekki komist í þau verk sem ég upprunalega ætlaði mér þar sem verkefnið var í svo slæmu ástandi þegar ég tók fyrst til verkanna. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 29. mars 2024 kl. 19:45 (UTC)Reply

Réttindin hafa verið veitt til 6 mánaða. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 9. apríl 2024 kl. 06:52 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to join April Wikisource Community Meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!


We are the hosting this month’s Wikisource Community meeting on 27 April 2024, 7 AM UTC (check your local time).


Similar to previous meetings, the agenda will be split into two segments. The first half will cover non-technical updates, such as events, conferences, proofread-a-thons, and collaborations. In the second half, we'll dive into technical updates and discussions, addressing key challenges faced by Wikisource communities.

Simply follow the link below to secure your spot and engage with fellow Wikisource enthusiasts:

Event Registration Page

If you have any suggestions or would just prefer being added to the meeting the old way, simply drop a message on klawal-ctr@wikimedia.org.

Thank you for your continued dedication to Wikisource. We look forward to your active participation in our upcoming meeting.

Regards KLawal-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)


Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 22. apríl 2024 kl. 12:21 (UTC)Reply

Íslenskar þýðingar nafnrýma[breyta]

Á Phabricator er tillaga um viðbætur og breytingar á þýðingum á nafnrýmum MediaWiki og helstu verkefna Wikimedia Foundation. Það er ekki nauðsynlegt að vera tæknisérfræðingur til að stofna aðgang þar og gera athugasemdir. Stefán Örvar Sigmundsson (spjall) 25. apríl 2024 kl. 17:25 (UTC)Reply

Vote now to select members of the first U4C[breyta]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear all,

I am writing to you to let you know the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is open now through May 9, 2024. Read the information on the voting page on Meta-wiki to learn more about voting and voter eligibility.

The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is a global group dedicated to providing an equitable and consistent implementation of the UCoC. Community members were invited to submit their applications for the U4C. For more information and the responsibilities of the U4C, please review the U4C Charter.

Please share this message with members of your community so they can participate as well.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 25. apríl 2024 kl. 20:20 (UTC)Reply

Sign up for the language community meeting on May 31st, 16:00 UTC[breyta]

Hello all,

The next language community meeting is scheduled in a few weeks - May 31st at 16:00 UTC. If you're interested, you can sign up on this wiki page.

This is a participant-driven meeting, where we share language-specific updates related to various projects, collectively discuss technical issues related to language wikis, and work together to find possible solutions. For example, in the last meeting, the topics included the machine translation service (MinT) and the languages and models it currently supports, localization efforts from the Kiwix team, and technical challenges with numerical sorting in files used on Bengali Wikisource.

Do you have any ideas for topics to share technical updates related to your project? Any problems that you would like to bring for discussion during the meeting? Do you need interpretation support from English to another language? Please reach out to me at ssethi(__AT__)wikimedia.org and add agenda items to the document here.

We look forward to your participation!

MediaWiki message delivery 14. maí 2024 kl. 21:23 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to join May Wikisource Community Meeting[breyta]

Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!

We're excited to announce our upcoming Wikisource Community meeting, scheduled for 25 May 2024, 3 PM UTC (check your local time). As always, your participation is crucial to the success of our community discussions.

Similar to previous meetings, the agenda will be split into two segments. The first half will cover non-technical updates, such as events, conferences, proofread-a-thons, and collaborations. In the second half, we'll dive into technical updates and discussions, addressing key challenges faced by Wikisource communities.

Simply follow the link below to secure your spot and engage with fellow Wikisource enthusiasts:

Event Registration Page

Agenda Suggestions: Your input matters! Feel free to suggest any additional topics you'd like to see included in the agenda.

If you have any suggestions or would just prefer being added to the meeting the old way, simply drop a message on klawal-ctr@wikimedia.org.

Thank you for your continued dedication to Wikisource. We look forward to your active participation in our upcoming meeting.

Regards, KLawal-WMF, Sam Wilson (WMF), and Satdeep Gill (WMF)

Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (spjall) 20. maí 2024 kl. 11:34 (UTC)Reply

Feedback invited on Procedure for Sibling Project Lifecycle[breyta]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear community members,

The Community Affairs Committee (CAC) of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees invites you to give feedback on a draft Procedure for Sibling Project Lifecycle. This draft Procedure outlines proposed steps and requirements for opening and closing Wikimedia Sibling Projects, and aims to ensure any newly approved projects are set up for success. This is separate from the procedures for opening or closing language versions of projects, which is handled by the Language Committee or closing projects policy.

You can find the details on this page, as well as the ways to give your feedback from today until the end of the day on June 23, 2024, anywhere on Earth.

You can also share information about this with the interested project communities you work with or support, and you can also help us translate the procedure into more languages, so people can join the discussions in their own language.

On behalf of the CAC,

RamzyM (WMF) 22. maí 2024 kl. 02:25 (UTC)Reply